Friday, January 28, 2011

Official College GRADUATE!!

I am finally done with my degree!! It feels so amazing to be done! I have dreamed of this day for a LONGGGG TIME!!  I am the first one in my family to have a degree, and I also struggled the most with school..saying that it feels amazing to accomplish this goal of mine!! 


The 5 years of college was worth it! Although there were many times during my degree that I wanted to give up, I pushed on and finished it! I am so glad that I followed my dreams of fashion! Even though I wasn't sure where I belonged I knew I was gifted in something to do with fashion and design! I really had so many awesome opportunities that I got to be apart of while I was at my school! I was apart of three fashion shows Imagine 2010, House of Hope, and Millenia Fashion week 2010! I also got chosen to do a window display downtown at The Vue. My cupcake dress was displayed for 2 months! I am so thankful for the opportunities that I was apart of and everything I learned! Here are some pictures of my graduation along with my work! 


My degree is a bachelors in fashion merchandising & design. I am hoping to pursue my dream of wardrobe consulting and personal shopping! I have always loved putting together outfits and I also love helping people! Anything to do with fashion I love! 


 My amazing parents! Thank you so much for putting me through school and all the help throughout my degree!! My biggest supporters through it all!<3
 My brother in law, Jason, sister Laura and our sweet little niece, Ryley! Thanks so much for coming down, it meant the world to me! 
 My big support group! The Brighams/Hembrees/Andersons/Millers~Thank you for always being there for me~ 
 A dress I created that was made out of cupcake liners. Probably about 500+ liners on this dress! So much fun to make!


 some of my designs from Millenia Fashion Week at Mall at Millenia!
 I also have a passion for interior design. My dad used to upholster furniture, and my uncle russ still does..SOO for my internship (since I had to complete 120 hours, and trying to plan a wedding and finish school) I "worked" for my dad! It was so much fun learning his skills and being with him making funky things for my house (poor Jake with my taste.)

The picture above I painted and reupholstered this antique chair, I found in our warehouse (TOTAL COST: $60.) I found the fabric in my uncle's fabric room and bought the chair off of him :)
 This is my love seat chair. I saw this in Z gallerie and was obsessed! I asked me dad is we could make it and he said sure!! Awesome dad huh? We built it from scratch and wow what a task from bending the wood, building, stapling, sewing and much more, but love the finished product! The grey one is from Z gallerie (retail $900) I made mine for a lot cheaper!


 We reupholstered this ottoman and Jake even helped us on this one too! :) When he comes over to the shop (Where my dad and I built things) he felt very uncomfortable since he wasn't sure what was going on! haha ANYWAYS.. We bought the store display from pottery barn (got a killer deal since had some staining, and wear and tear!)  I'm obsessed with this fabric I got!! <3
 My window display at The Vue. I was very happy with how it came out! 
Thank you all so much for the prayers and support during my college degree!!

1 comment:

  1. The ottoman and cupcake dress will always be my absolute favorites!!! You should post the headboard you made too!!! So proud of all you have accomplished Tay Tay!!! Cant wait for you to decorate my whole house one day and manage my wardrobe... I did tell you you were doing that right? haha Love ya!!! -linds

    ReplyDelete