Jake has been doing amazing the start of our season! His family flew out on Monday to spend the week with us! We have had so much fun seeing my in laws, jakes brother and sis and hubby and of course miss Kennedy! On Tuesday night when I parked I saw that John Daniels (our GM) was here.. We knew someone was getting called up because a starting pitcher retired Monday, and another starter is unfortunately injured..it NEVER crossed my mind it would be us! The game is going great. The Hughes came as well so we had a huge crowd in our section! I did not think Jake would pitch and all of a sudden I see him warming up for the 9th inning to close. He hasn't closed yet, usually is middle relief. I thought that was interesting, but still do not think into it! The first batter up strike out so one out, it's 3-4 us one ahead...next batter up jake walks him. Then next a hit so two on, then good batter comes in and they walk him on purpose! Talk about my nerves going through the roof! Bases loaded one out!!!! Next guy jake is 3-2 strikes him out (we are going nuts!!) then last batter up same thing I was thinking DO NOT WALK IN A RUN!!! Don't do it jake! I couldn't even watch... The ump was terrible and calling strikes balls... Err!! Then again 3-2 fans are going NUTS, I am bent over shaking and can't watch and next I hear screams he struck him out!!!! It was soooo awesome and such an exciting time even though I lost 5 years off my life! Poor Stella girl....she probably was bouncing up and down thinking why is my mommy so stressed out?! It was such an awesome game and Jake got his 3rd save! We took pictures and went on field, then headed up to the family room like usual and a few minutes later Jake comes in and says "guess y'all are changing your flights back to Austin!!!" We all were so excited, a few tears shed and just joy!!! I couldn't believe my ears! I immediately start to worry thinking our apartment, bills, packing, moving (again), finding a place and all of the above!!! I am so thankful my inlaws and family was out here because it made it much easier to pack my entire place up in a day!! Jake flew out first thing this morning at 7 am to Iowa for one day, then they fly back tomorrow to Austin. Jake will start on Saturday then they will work him in to rotation in the bull pen! We have waited for this day for years!! Such an amazing experience to have his family out here to enjoy it!! We had to all change our flights from Saturday to Sunday to Orlando! I will actually be coming home for a visit and to get a lot of Stella's nursery done! I will only come home once potentially until she comes so having to get stuff done early!
Thank you all so much for all the prayers! They have been answered and one step closer to his dream! We owe all of this to our amazing Father above! We are so thankful and excited!!!!
Go round rock express!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment