Monday, September 3, 2018

count down is on

I wrote a post for August and never posted it. Story of my life. 

The month of July was very hot. Similar to Florida temps! I don’t remember it being this hot last year. Most days high 90’s feels like 112. We have been doing lots of things indoor lately, and thankful for a dome! People always say they would hate to play in a dome, but for this exact reason I love it! We traveled the first good month with Jake on every road trip, but got burned out and haven’t traveled the last few weeks to get a break from it. It now is cooling down and is in the 80’s woohoo!

Since this is our second season back it really feels like a second home to us. I have tried making our apartment feel “homier” and overall have had a great time this year! Having Nicole has really changed this experience for us. We have a good routine, and has made my days go by faster having extra hands to help. Now that we have played overseas for 3 seasons we are turning into locals in a way. Certain things drive me CRAZY!! I love the Korean culture, but at the same time can be very frustrating! It doesn’t matter how long you wait in line for an elevator they cut you off, slam the door on my stroller, cut in line at the grocery... etc.. I don’t get why, but it’s on a daily basis and makes me miss home.. You have to learn to be bold in certain situations. 

Stella does an art class weekly, and cooking class a few times so far. She is learning to write and read. That’s been a lot of fun to see her learn! We tried putting her into a school here about a month ago, but they are so advanced we felt it was best to wait. I want it to be fun not stressful.. if we come back she will start there right away to get into a good schedule. It is only a 10 minute walk from our building. They do field trips, learn mandarin, English (obviously) and a ton of other things. She would be the only American there. They have one American teacher, and one Korean teacher per class. Technically she is already 6 here which complicates things because she is not at a 6 year old academic level. They agreed we would test her and put her in the appropriate classroom because Cope’s class (18-24) was doing what she is learning now (insane!!!) 

Jake has been pitching well and feeling good! He already passed his innings he pitched last year in July. We are very grateful for him feeling healthy and strong. This is always a concern. The other night while he was on the road he had an incredible game! He pitched against KT, and the first inning we scored 6 runs. Jake went out with great run support and walked the first batter. I’m thinking what is going on?! Haha he settled down, and had an amazing game going into the 9th inning with 0 runs! I was shaking at this point hoping he would have a complete game, but ended up getting to his pitch count and 1 earned one with two outs left. We won 20-2 !!! It was a very exciting night and proud of him, and the team. 


We have something called the asian games this year and the season stops for almost 3 weeks.. It comes every few years and their olympics. We really enjoyed our time together exploring seoul, and hanging out with friends. Today Jake left for a 4 day road trip, then will be home two days, and leave again for another 4 days. My parents arrive in 2 weeks to visit, and help the kids and I move home. We have had overall a great season, but I’m ready to go back home and get into my routine!



No comments:

Post a Comment